Greener JC Announces Final Round 3 of the Greening Your Business Grant
By Greener JC Intern, Carolyn Abdalla
Greening Your Business Grant
Greener JC is thrilled to announce Round 3 of the Greening Your Business Grant! Round 3 is now open and accepting applications until October 18, 2023. In Fall 2021, Greener JC launched the Greening Your Business Grant in an effort to support plastic reduction. Funded by the Love and Beauty Planet Project, which supports and facilitates acts of change in local communities, we have awarded grants to 13 businesses!
Businesses receive funding of upwards of $1,000 to support the transition to more eco conscious items. This includes phasing out styrofoam or plastic straws, or other programs to decrease plastic use.
The following businesses received funding from Rounds 1 and Round 2;
- Ladhidh Cuisine (713 Bergen Ave, Jersey City, NJ 07306)
- Playscape (221 Mallory Ave, Jersey City, NJ 7304)
- Sabor a Peru (280 Central Ave, Jersey City, NJ 07307)
- Stack Creamery (465 Central Ave, Jersey City, NJ 07307)
- SMUSH Gallery (340 Summit Ave, Jersey City, NJ 07306)
- The Cottage (136 Monticello Ave, Jersey City, NJ 07304)
- The Lucky HoneyBee (487 Palisade Ave, Jersey City, NJ 07307)
- Wonder Bagel (331 Central Ave, Jersey City, NJ 07307)
- On the Ave (308 Central Ave, Jersey City, NJ 07307)
- El Gordo Restaurant (291 Central Ave, Jersey City, NJ 07307)
- Rhythm Central (511 Central Ave, Jersey City, NJ 07307)
- Irma’s Cafe (279 Central Ave, Jersey City, NJ 07307)
- OM Dental Care PC (480 Central Ave, Jersey City, NJ 07308)
Show them some support on social media or check them out in person! The businesses we select are diverse, ranging from restaurants to dental offices. And your Jersey City Business could also be selected! Check our visit to the Lucky HoneyBee below!
Invest in Your Future
When disposed of, plastic bags and plastic materials break down into toxic microplastics, never truly degrading and continuing to pollute our natural environment. This poses a threat to wildlife and even birds in our community.
Beginning May 4, 2022, single-use carryout bags and polystyrene foam food service products were banned in New Jersey stores and food service businesses. The goal is to reduce our plastic waste and protect our environment.
Make an investment in your future by taking action to reduce your business’s impact on the environment. The Greening Your Business Grant seeks to assist you in making this transition!
Round 3 of the Greening Your Business is now open and accepting applications until October 18, 2023. Businesses can apply to receive funding of up to $1,000 to support plastic reduction efforts in their business and operations. All businesses in Jersey City, both large and small, are encouraged to apply.
Paper applications can be mailed to 36 Duncan Ave. APT E1 in Jersey City, N.J. 07304. The online grant application can be found at https://greenerjc.org/grant-application.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for any questions. Let us help you reduce your environmental impact and take a step towards a Greener Jersey City!